Saturday, November 23, 2013

Growing Up! Episode 2 by @itsbrill

Kelechi reluctantly answered "no where" (that's his favorite answer), my mom then said "make una mind una sef oo". Kelechi sat close to my father to plug his samsung Galaxy, then his headset went in, when mom finished cooking we all ate and my mom, dad and Ibe went to bed, I stayed awake cos I had this my class mate whom I had a crush on, and fortunately she was online and we were chatting
Me: hello
Henrietta: hi
Me: whatsup
Henrietta: 5n
Me: ΰя day?
Henrietta: 5n
Me: Ok

And she never replied until I slept off.

Woke up so early to go to school, my school is not far from our house.
*****
Meanwhile, my bro Kenneth is at home chilling. All he did at home is kill his battery. His friend shows up, (he doesn't like his friends visiting him, he love visiting them) he peeped through our dirty window net and he saw Micheal, he didn't like Micheal that much cos Micheal talked too much, Micheal is a tall lanky looking boy, he wore a blue shirt and a black short with his leather ponds (that's the only expensive thing the dude owned), he knocks again and my kenneth reluctantly walks to the door, seeing the Micheal he said "stupid boy, na so you d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ waka d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ visit people for this kain early morning, you no get work"? Micheal smiled showing his 32 teeth, before he could open the door to come inside, kenneth opened it first and went outside with him to sit in a long bench close to our house. They both sit there for close to 2 hours until Micheal finally decided to leave, Kenneth was over happy at least he can go in and rest, they both shook hands and off Micheal walked out
********
When I got back from school, my dad was already back from work, he was busy studying for a talk he had at church, my dad always studied so hard for talks but at the ends he goes there and disgraces us all, because of that anytime he had talks we would all come very late so that we wount be there to watch him disgrace us. The man was studying zealously you, am sure if Chris Rock had studied like this he would have gone to college, I thought to myself. "Daddy good afternoon" I said, "ehem welcome" he said, I just removed my uniforms and threw it anywhere my hand faced, then went to the kitchen to eat, after eating I rested for a while before going to bed, I hardly slept at noons so I just lay there thinking: I thought of so many things but my best thought was that I was from some rich family, and that I was too cute, girls were dying to see me, I also thought about having a verified twitter account, I also thought about how I chilled with Wizkid, Dbanj, Ice prince and how I took photos with them and posted them on instagram and twitter, I thought about so many things, then I heard "Abuchi" kenneth was calling, he walked to the room where I slept and asked me "how do I look"?" Mtcheww, see kori man" I snapped. He always loved to hear how good he looked and that's one of the things you gat to do to be his friend, just compliment his dressing then you are a friend for life
******
Our church was not that big but was big enough to contain close to 160 people, the members have all seated down, then the chairman introduced my father as the one to give the talk for today, my father wore a very fat shirt that kenneth often referred to "parachute", my dad walked slowly to the alter he stood there dropped his bible on the bible stand, then he started
"The lord is good......." While giving his talk he never stood at one place, I don't know if I should call it pacing he paced around the alter like he was dancing to one of these ancient songs, we barely heard what he said, but at least he finally finished we clapped (that's what we do, even if yu don't perform well, they always clapped).
When we got home kenneth immediately told my dad his flaws, in our house we hardly accept correction, (that's what happens when you have too many professors I guess), my dad never agreed to any of his flaws, he praised himself. My mom had this habit of keeping quiet unnecessarily, after we finished eating my mom called us together (Lecture begins):


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment